Friday, June 22, 2012

Summer in the City: Dress Showcase

Readers, I hope you agree that it was worth the wait - here is my new free pattern, as promised!



From what I hear on the news, Vienna isn't the only city writing record highs this week...
It's amazing how much more bearable it is if you are dressed appropriately... Well, this dress makes me love the summer!
This post is only the showcase of the dress - you find the tutorial, free pattern, how-to for it HERE!




It actually doesn't happen too often that I finish a dress and end up wearing it out that very same night. But it did with this one. And I shall not only wear it many more days to come, but make it in many more colors and fabrics...


What I like most about this dress is the fact that it is flattering, comfortable yet sexy at the same time, even though it doesn't sport a low neckline, tightness or a super short skirt. In short: it's sexy without trying.


In the picture above you see the basic shape... It's ridiculously easy to make. I believe that stripes require simple cuts to really have that certain effect. Of course you could make it out of any other fabric too. Only requirement: it needs to have stretch/be a knit fabric.


The dress features a low back - but still high enough for a bra underneath ;-), a whimsical band is holding the shoulders together...


I discovered that you can get an interesting short-sleeve look by just folding the bat wings up. Pretty cool, right?



As said before, there is a full tutorial for how to make this pattern / dress posted already on my blog HERE. Have fun with it!


Always very important to me: that I can move! And I can, as you see in the last two pics :-)
So, without further ado and delay, I shall post the tutorial. See you there, hopefully!
Best,
Katja

1 comment:

  1. I love it! Found you on burda and will be coming back once the weather starts to warm up here in Australia to make my own!

    ReplyDelete